Home > Forums > Events > Activities > 4 THINGS TECNO DID WRONG AT ITS RECENT PHANTOM X LAU ...

4 THINGS TECNO DID WRONG AT ITS RECENT PHANTOM X LAUNCH EVENT

Activities  |  2021-7-7 23:57 0309

PHANTOM X LAUNCH REVIEW (1).png Phantom X launch Review : What Tecno did wrongFirst off, this is not a Phantom X review. TECNO  recently held a launch event for their new device the Phantom X (.....cool device by the way, you should check it out and see its specs) and it was live streamed on their Youtube and Facebook platforms. We Tecno fans and tech lovers turned up to watch the event and while the event was fine, I feel it didn’t really meet up with our expectations so I thought to do a review of the Launch event itself (not the phone) . Without further ado, here are 4 things that happened at the launch that I wasn’t fully satisfied with.

1. Delay in the Launch Start Time:  
Whether by a mix up by the graphics designer, social media manager, miscommunication internally or some other reason, the launch was delayed by more than an hour. Now, that hour isn’t really much to youngsters but for adults(who are kinda the phones main target audience) who usually have other things to do, the over one hour wait was not an option. The fliers on social media said “5pm”, the youtube countdown said “6pm” and the launch eventually started around “6:30pm”. It got to a point I had to message the TECNO instagram handle “Hello, is the launch cancelled?” because I was surprised at the extent of the delay. I’m sure a lot of people who wanted to watch the launch eventually gave up after waiting for up to 45 minutes. That delay really caused a dampening in the excitement about the launch.
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-08 at 4.03.51 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-07-08 at 4.03.51 AM (1).jpeg

2. Not fully showcasing the specs and power of the phone enough:  
Another area where I wasn’t really satisfied was when the specs of the phone were being discussed. I felt the speaker could have mentioned more specs/features and discussed them better even in the limited time available. Also,showing short samples or examples of some of the features in action, like a short conversation with Ella (the voice assistant) or photo and video samples from the camera, would have been really nice and persuasive.
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-08 at 4.56.03 AM.jpeg

3. Choice of music and performance:  
The choice of music and the dance performance during the launch too were a bit questionable. Understand me well,the decision to include lively performances was good and the dance and music were both very beautiful no doubt, the issue is was that they don’t really fit in an event like the launch of a new smartphone.They were too calm for a Tech event setting that was meant to be exciting and lively
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-08 at 4.33.47 AM.jpeg

4. The unveiling of the phone:  
The unveiling of the phone itself wasn’t made as climatic as it could have been. A quick live unboxing experience and powering up the phone right in front of us (plus some audio and visual heighteners like a “we present to you the new Phantom X” or digital or real fireworks,e.t.c) would have been a fantastic unveiling. But the reveal instead, was just 3 people coming on stage and collecting the phone and saying a few things,,fullstop. (one of the phones refused to come on btw, but we’ll ignore that)
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-08 at 4.37.53 AM.jpeg

There's also the issue of the giveaways that were promised in relation to the Phantom X launch that haven't been sorted ,but that's not for discussion today.

I do hope that this is seen by TECNO officials so that it can help as a guide when planning future launch events. Launch events play a large role in the success of a new device and a great and exciting launch would definitely boost the device’s image and sales.Thanks for reading to the end.
Did you also watch the launch? Feel free to tell me what you think about the launch and this review in the comments section, let’s discuss.
This article took quite some time to write,so please leave a like,it's much appreciated.
Follow me here on T-spot to enjoy more intriguing posts like this @Malomo King.
Have a nice day.

• Like(1)
You need to log in before reply Log In | Register

No comments at present

Malomo King

Gold

Follow Send PM

© 2021 TECNO Mobile