Home > Forums > Home Challenge > Work from home > My ASUU strike experience

My ASUU strike experience

Work from home  |  2022-7-26 16:51 TECNO CG6 025

2022-07-26 04:52 - 2022-7-26 04:52Has ended
     Writing this sounds so ridiculous to me, cos I don't really know how to start. I never imagined I'll ever experience this but you know as they say life happens when you are busy making other plans

Just few years ago while still in Secondary school, I was one of those optimistic youngsters that thought they had it all planned out. I can remember those days I was counting and documenting my funny mighty dreams in my head and how I will be a professor at 30. Life really happens .

After my plans to study outside the country failed I decided to go for my plan B (University of Benin). Tho I wasn't really excited starting off the journey but I had hope that it was JUST FIVE years.

Four years is gone already and am still in my third year in school courtesy of ASUU strike. The strike period welcomed me into the University and has refused to let me have a smooth ride.

Initially, I thought the strike was going to last for a few weeks but it has run into months and the funny parts of the situation is that nothing tangible is being done about it.

This ASUU strike experience has been a bittersweet one for me, at first I was sulking cause my mates in other universities we are in session. But after a while I decided to get something serious doing do I wasn't entirely idle at the moment(I have been lending a helping hand in our family poultry farm).

This strike period opened me to so much opportunities that school might not give me the freedom to attend to. I call them my ASUU strike WINs.  I had enough time to start a career in Full stack web development which has been my long time dream. I had a privilege of attending several men blowing seminars that has really shaped my choice in the tech field. I also had the privilege to learn everything about poultry farming. Thanks to ASUU strike

Though this season is not what I prayed for but I'm thankful for the opportunities I've been able to access. The point remains that our educational system in Nigeria has failed us virtually all systems in Nigeria has failed.

We pray for a New Nigeria as we do our best to put in the best leader. Get your PVC✌️
  • Like(0)
You need to log in before reply Log In | Register

No comments at present

Shally

Iron

Follow Send PM

© 2022 TECNO Mobile