Home > Forums > Devices > CAMON 15 Series > TECNO Camon 15 pro

TECNO Camon 15 pro

CAMON 15 Series  |  2020-3-25 03:43 vivo 1904 031

user_header.jpg
It was released in 2020, February 25. Tecno Camon 15 Pro is expected to retail for around 19,500 shilling in Kenya. Here are some of its features, 128 GB internal, Quad system with 48 MP sensor, motorized popup and 4000 mAh battery. It is available in two colors namely Ice Jadeite and Opal White.

Comparing Tecno Camon 15 Pro and Tecno Camon 15. The former comes with 128GB 6GB RAM while the latter 64GB 4GB RAM. The pro version has a motorized pop-up 32 MP selfie camera while the base model 16MP (not motorized). Camon 15 Pro has a smaller 4000 mAh battery capacity than Camon 15’s non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh.

48 MP AI QUAD Rear Camera

The first cool feature of Camon 15 Pro is its 48 MP AI QUAD rear camera. The second is this, a motorized pop-up 32 MP selfie shooter. I find this selfie fascinating on a Tecno smartphone because it is the very first of its kind with the company. A sales move maybe, I don’t know. But we can confirm that the selfie camera lens is a mechanical motorized pop-up one. The three other camera lenses on the back panel are for macro/wide angle photography and depth sensing.

It is great to have a motorized selfie and a high resolution primary camera. Images are crisp, sharp and so much detailed. It is a Sony IMX 686 sensor remember. But to still see 1080p@30fps video recording even after all this praise makes the pixel count and motorized selfie seem like gimmicks. Nothing but mere distractions to take away our attention from what Tecno is not doing. I was, at least in 2020, expecting 4K video recording. Imagine my disappointment. But, if you take pics more than you shoot videos then feel free to throw my previous comments under the bus.

Full View display

Because the selfie camera pops up and back down the result is an undisturbed 6.53 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen. This is great. Even the resolution is 1080 x 2340 pixels which is quite respectable in some measure. If anything, I fancy the display panel here because of the freedom it avails and the width and length of its estate. Did I mention it has a 19.5:9 aspect ratio? And did I mention the ~395 ppi density? Well, a fairly alright display it is.

What is inside

The internal storage of Tecno Camon 15 Pro is 128GB (eMMC 5.1) and it runs on 4GB RAM. The phone is powered by Android 10.0; HIOS 6.0. As if Android 10.0 were not enough, Tecno also included their new HIOS 6.0 theme which I must admit is easier to like compared to previous versions. It is great to see the latest version of OS installed here. Read more about Android 10 (here) to find out why we are so excited about it. If you are keen you will find out that the platform and performance specifications of the Pro and Base models are at par.

Tecno Camon 15 4000 mAh battery

Yes sealed within is a non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery. It is decent capacity though smaller than the one on the base model. You end up wondering at what point exactly this became the better version of the two. You still get a micro USB 2.0 port so there is no fast(er) battery charging here whatever Tecno wants us to believe.

The best features of Tecno Camon 15 are its Display and Camera. It is available in two colors namely Ice Jadeite and Opal White.
  • Like(2)
You need to log in before reply Log In | Register

No comments at present

ts03214143056

Iron

Follow Send PM

© 2020 TECNO Mobile