This post was last edited by ahiadzro at 2020-7-7 12:50 |
System updates are crucial for your device's performance. When any software or program is made it is tested several times. But in day to day usage, it comes across with many errors. To fix these types of problems system updates are released so as to enhance the performance and solve these problems.
What Are System Updates?
System updates are newly improved or fixed software, which replaces an older version of the same software. For example, updating your operating system brings it up-to-date with the latest patches, system utilities, and security software. Updates are often provided by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) free without charge for about two years after purchasing your device.
With OTA (Over The Air) updates, you don't need to go to service centers for these updates.
Why Do You Need To Update?
Updates fix any problems with software or hardware that were not detected before the product was released to the public. If you don't update, the device could encounter those problems or be vulnerable to attacks. However, it also improves your overall experience such as reducing heating, improving battery, security, stability, etc.
How To Update Your Device
Navigate to Settings > Security > Security Update but if you still find yourself using Android 9, navigate to Settings > Location and security > Security Update
What Happens If You Don't Update Your Device?
Several things can happen if you do not update, below are the most common problems you may encounter.
1. Errors - Most updates fix errors, and if you don't update, you'll get those errors.
2. Security vulnerabilities - Updates also patch security holes, if you don't update your device, your personal information may be compromised.
3. Conflicts - It is not uncommon to discover conflicts with other programs, apps, or hardware but if you don't update, conflicts may happen frequently.
PS: With Google Play System updates, important Security and Privacy fixes can now be sent timely and directly to your phone from Google Play, just the same way all your other apps update.
1. Solutions to Android Update or Upgrade Verification Problems
2. Benefits of Software Upgrades and Updates
3. MUST-READ: Android Updates
4. Google Play Update and System Update Problems