As the number of coronavirus cases continues to increase in the country, draconian measures put in place has seen a lot of states within the country on lockdown. Video conferencing is fast becoming the normal way to communicate, whether it’s a business meeting, chatting with friends and family, or attending class. Here are Top 5 video conferencing applications to help you with that very important conversation.
(1) Skype: Skype is a web-based communications tool that offers video chat, international calls, and texting via the web. Dubbed by users and experts as one of the best VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) solutions providers in the world, Skype offers instant messaging, group video conferencing, video chat, group chat, collaboration functionalities such as document and image sharing.
While its basic form is offered as a free service, Skype offers business functionalities and features for a very low price. The paid service provides business conferencing for up to 250 people, compatibility with MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), integration with many third-party business apps and tighter security via strong authentication and encryption measures.
(2) Zoom: Zoom is one of the most popular video conferencing solutions out there, and saw its user base explode with the COVID-19 crisis. While greater popularity and the resulting increased scrutiny laid bare several security concerns, Zoom responded quickly with updates, bringing in a number of features that makes it a great option for businesses.
(3) Cisco Webex Meetings: With 85+ Billion conference minutes per year, 360+ million meetings per year, 130M+ meeting attendees per month, this is a way to go if you looking into video conferencing. Cisco Webex Meetings delivers simple, modern video collaboration experience across all devices. With it's new cognitive collaboration capabilities, it brings together intelligence and context throughout all meeting experiences.
(4) Google Meet: Google Meet is a video conferencing app standing as a business-oriented version of Google's Hangouts platform, suitable for businesses of all sizes. The app allows users to join pre-scheduled meetings from calendar events, choose a link, enter meeting code and even dial in from their phones if the invitation includes a phone number thus enabling users with slow or no internet connection to call in. However, dial-in numbers are only available to the G Suite enterprise edition customers.
(5) GoToMeeting: The GoToMeeting mobile app gives you the accessibility & reliability you need to take your work with you on the road & across the globe. Whether it’s a business-critical meeting, or a casual discussion, its features takes serious the importance of every conversation. Features includes the support for audio and video calls, material design UI, calendar syncing, a text chat in every meetings, presentation features etc. With more than 2.5 million downloads & a user rating over 4.5 stars, GoToMeeting is a premier mobile meeting app on the Android market.
Share with us any other great videoconfrencing aplication you've tried that is not on the list and don't forget to follow me on Tspot for more.
Read all >>
This post was last edited by ahiadzro at 2020-4-18 22:14
Hello Tecno Fanatics,
By upgrading to the latest Carlcare version V5.6.7, you can extend your warranty for 60 days.
How do you do this?1. Update Carlcare APP to V5.6.7 through Google Play.
2. Open Carlcare APP (V 5.6.7), and click the ‘Warranty’ button on the home page
3. Query for the current device/input IMEI
4. Then you can extend your warranty for 60 days
NOTE:Who can participate in the extended warranty event?
1. Users in countries below and who's warranty period expires between 20th March to 31st May Nigeria, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Rwanda, Uganda, Philippines, Angola, Namibia, Colombia, Madagascar, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia.
2. Users in countries below and who's warranty period expires between 1st April to 15th June Ghana, Ethiopia, Zambia, Mozambique, Malawi, Mauritius, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Russia, Ukraine, Gabon, Mauritania, Angola, Congo, Burkina Faso.
Related Topic:Carlcare Services: All You Need to Know
Read all >>
This post was last edited by ahiadzro at 2020-4-17 05:26
Hello Tecno Spot Fanatics,
Here is your all-new Tecno Spot app, which is bigger and better, kindly visit Google Play to update your app.
What's Tecno Spot?
Tecno Spot is the best way to visit Tecno Mobiles' official community. This app provides all the features offered by Tecno Mobile's official forum web site Tecno Spot in a simple, clean and straight forward way.
What's New? (Version 188.8.131.52)
1. Bug fix and stability
2. One more country added: India3. COVID-19 Pandemic Monitor4. Phone warranty check
1. Synchronized account between website and app
2. Reply and start new threads
3. Send and read private messages
4. Receive notification from the forum
5. Subscribe to articles or threads you like
6. Post your recent status
7. Keep in touch with your friends
Related Topic: Tecno Spot Update: What's New
Read all >>
Finally got the time to unbox my CAMON 15 Premier~~~
Can't wait to share with my T-fans~~
It comes with a free phone case which Apple don't provide LOL
The color looks nice~~It looks like marble ~
Could be a nice gift for girls LOL
I guess this is super-wide lens VS normal lens?
I this picture 1 is more delicate but the apple picture is more vivid
I took this picture after I'm done with lunch, it was a indoor picture.
The CAMON 15 Premier pic is lighter, the apple picture is dimmer but more vivid.
During the day the picture don't look that different to me ~
I'll try the night-mode and share with you guys in the following days~
What do you think?
Read all >>
Dear T-FANS, are you tired of the lockdown? are you bored? Here's a puzzle to keep you busy.
Can you spot the hidden frog among the leaves?
How many minutes did it take you to find it? Drop your answers in the comment box.
The answer will be revealed soon.
#STAYSAFERead all >>
This post was last edited by ahiadzro at 2020-4-6 09:19
Carlcare, a professional after-sales service brand has 2000+ service centers in over 58 countries. With its app, it helps you know more about your device, finding solutions to problems you encounter, getting all-around after-sale service more conveniently and faster!
1. Online Self-service: Carlcare provides diversified self-service, you can check spare parts price, warranty, repair status and nearest service center for better repair experience, you can apply for fast repair and reservation service.
2. Manual Service: Any problem can be solved by one-on-one communication with an official technical expert!
3. Value-added Service: Activate extra protection for your device, we'll present more value-added service continuously, which is looking forward to your attention!
4. Colorful Activity: Get to know official activities faster, enjoy more opportunities to win mysterious prizes!
5. Check to see if your mobile device is original
PS: I would edge you to either download the app or update the app that already comes with your Tecno Mobile.Click here to download or visit their website for more information.
Read all >>
Tomorrow, we would be going live on Facebook to have a one on one session with the HiOS Software Team,
The live session would be starting at 2 pm and would end by 3 pm. So, prepare all your questions and everything you have always wanted to ask the Product Managers.
Also, if you have a software idea that you would like us to include in our devices, tomorrow would be a good day to showcase it!
See you all tomorrow!
Click Here to Join
Read all >>
Hello T-fans, with the ongoing corona virus pandemic which has seen different measures put in place globally to curtail its spread, one of which is the "stay home, stay safe" preventive measure which has placed students temporarily out of school, learning from home is now the new norm for a lot of students. Whether you are a student looking for online learning resources or you are a parent looking for one to engage your kids in, here's a list to help you with that.
(1) Project Gutenberg: Project Gutenberg is an online library, offering more than 60,000 free ebooks in an epub or kindle ebook format. Books on this platform are not just English based only, you can find books in Portuguese, German, French, Spanish, etc. You can find books on almost any topic for any age.
(2) Coursera: Coursera is an online school of some sort. It has a variety of lessons and classes that you can take. Each one educates you on a different topic. It boasts of 1000 courses ranging from math to science and even technological stuffs. The classes have lectures, reading assignments, and video content. Finishing a course will even earn you a certificate of completion. Some of the courses are free. Others you’ll have to pay for. It’s a delightful mix of old school and modern learning.
(3) Khan Academy: Khan Academy is a popular online resource for learning. It teaches more traditional subjects like math, science, physics, economics, and many others. It’s usually the kind of stuff that targeted learning apps (like coursera and udemy) don’t focus on too much. The app boasts access to over 1000 videos along with various lessons and courses. You can use it to learn new concepts or brush up on older stuff. Khan Academy’s big claim to fame is that it’s completely free to use with no fees or hidden costs. That makes it one of the best learning apps on a budget. There is also a kid’s version for youngsters out there.
(4) Open Culture: In recent years, universities from across the globe have made many of their lectures available online for free. This includes world-renowned institutions like Harvard, Oxford, MIT and many others. The best way to access them is through Open Culture. This website has gathered over 1,500 courses and helpfully separated them into different categories. You will find video lectures on almost anything from Archaeology, to Physics, to Linguistics. It’s one of the most valuable free learning resources on the web.
(5) Google Scholar:Instead of using Google’s regular search where news articles and other posts will inevitably spring up, this tool allows you to search for scholarly literature only. Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. You can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other websites. Google Scholar helps you find relevant work across the world of scholarly research.
(6) Scholastic Learn@Home: If you are a parent looking for study online tools for kids in elementary to middle school, you can’t go wrong with Scholastic Learn At Home. This website offers free daily courses with engaging exercises and articles on a variety of subjects. Kids can participate in age-appropriate reading and writing, take virtual tours and play educational games. There's alsohomework activities with print-out materials which students will enjoy.
(7) ABCmouse: ABCmouse is a subscription based learning tool based on early education for children within the age of 2-9 years old. It has more than 900 lessons structured in a gamified way so as to aid children in learning. There are lots of creative contents on it. You should click on the link to see for yourself.
(8) Udemy: Udemy is one of the more popular course-style learning apps. It focuses on skill based learning. It has courses on things like Adobe apps, Microsoft apps, and you can even learn things like public speaking, cooking, and other stuff. There are a variety of courses for free or you can pay to get one of the more in-depth ones. The courses usually revolve around video lectures with video examples. Thus, the app lets you watch them as you please. Some of them could use a little work, but overall it’s a positive experience.
(9) WolframAlpha: WolframAlpha is a serious app for serious scholars. It has a calculator along with a wealth of information about a ton of topics. Some of them include various types of mathematics, statistics, data analysis, physics, chemistry, engineering, astronomy, units of measurement, weather, geography, and plenty more. You basically ask it for stuff and it’ll show you either what it is or how to do it yourself. The Wolfram Group has a bunch of additional educational tools, including courses for various types of math, reference guides for things like fractals and fractions, and more. Some course and a few other things cost additional money and are separate apps from Wolfram Alpha.
(10) YouTube Learn@Home: Launched last month, this tool was created in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. YouTube Learn@Home is designed to assist families in home education. It helps students find the best educational content on the video platform. You can explore learning by subject or age from preschool to 13-years and above, there is something for everyone. Content is sourced from great channels like PBS Kids, Sesame Street, Crash Course, and many others. YouTube Learn@Home also has compiled a great list of virtual “field trips” which can be enjoyed in VR or in 360-degree videos.
You can add to these list by letting us know in the comment section and don't forget to follow me on Tspot for more.
Read all >>
Dear T-fans,Don't worry about your device warranty getting expired during this lockdown period‼️
To serve our fans better, Carlcare has extended warranty on products for 60 days.
Currently, just stay at home and keep safe.
Applicable to the product whose warranty expires between 20th Mar. to 31st May 2020.
Participated in countries:
Nigeria, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Rwanda, Uganda, Philippines, Angola, Namibia, Colombia, Madagascar, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Ethiopia, Zambia, Mozambique, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Russia, Ukraine, Gabon, Mauritania, Congo, Burkina Faso, Ghana
Steps：1.Update Carlcare to the latest version:5.6.7, open Carlcare and click on “Warranty”
2. Check your warranty status, you can choose to check your own phone or input IMEI manually
3. Enter the E-warranty-card page, click on “ to receive” if your phone and region are covered in the service
4. Warranty extended successfully
5. Warranty will not be extended in see below situations:
a. Your region is not covered in the warranty extension.
b. Expiration date not qualified
c. The event is over.
You'll be able to check your warranty status on our TECNO Spot APP very soon.:-)
Read all >>
This post was last edited by Avin@TECNO at 2020-4-15 04:25
Dream phone of the year!
6.6’FHD+ Real Fullview, See Beyond Boundaries
6.6″ Perfect Fullview gives you a wider, clearer, and more colorful visual experience. The 91.2% super screen ratio and unibody pop-up camera design helps actualize the dream of an immersive, full view, cinematic experience Users can enjoy a truly boundless screen.
Stunning color designs and exquisite textural lines can be viewed with the new CAMON 15 Premier. Under different lighting environments, different texture changing effects can be seen.
Breaking down 64-MP performance on SONY Camera
The 64 MP main camera is equipped with TECNO’s signature Ultra Clear Shot, Ultra Night Shot, Super HDR, and AI Scene Detection features, which creates super high-resolution photography and compensates for changing light conditions.
The CAMON 15 is the first-ever smartphone in Africa to come equipped with Sony’s 64 MP, smart chip-backed camera lens. That means 8x zoom is possible not only when shooting pictures, but afterwards as well, letting you scale up your shots without losing even the tiniest details. Meanwhile, Sony’s large ½-inch sensor recognizes and captures more light during the evening that other cameras, eliminating visual noise for better night shots.Trademarked TAIVOS™ technology for More Powerful than ever night shots.
The TECNO AI Vision Optimization Solution is a signal processing trademarked TAIVOS™ technology. TAIVOS™ enables up to 15-frame synth with an imaging time of just 4.68 seconds– most other smartphones only achieve this in 5.5 seconds or maybe even 7 seconds. That means that the photographs shot with TAIVOS™ are built from a composite of 15 image frames that can be analyzed and recombined pixel-for-pixel, vividly capturing each element in your scenes with optimal contrast.This technology really benefits photography lovers throughout the day, including during the night, since evening shades naturally tend to run together and darken after nightfall. Consumers will be amazed by those great photos as TAIVOS™ is able to filter out image noise and optimize image clarity to deliver clear, balanced, vivid photographs even in low- to lower-light conditions.
32MP POP-UP CameraCAMON 15 Premier brings users new fun ways to activate your camera. Upon opening the selfie camera, the front camera will “POP-UP” from the body, and the 32MP Clear Lens will be ready to capture your shining moments.Newly upgraded facial algorithms offer built-in natural beauty effects, saving your time for more retouch. With the new HDR, you can take a clear and bright selfie in any situation. The POP-UP camera has a smart anti-fall reaction and a strong resistance to magnetic interference, guaranteeing a smooth selfie experience.
Super Wide Angle 115° & 2cm Macro PhotographyThe 5 MP secondary camera offers distortion-eliminating 115-degree Super Wide-Angle visibility and lets you zoom in within two centimeters of your target with Extreme Close-up Shots.While taking photos with 115° Super Wide Angle, you don’t need to worry about not fully capturing the grand scenery any longer. The anti-distortion feature lets the scene be recorded as it is in reality.The extreme 2cm close-up shot lets you discover the unseen beauty of the seemingly minor things in your environment.With a 2 MP AI Bokeh Effect lens, AI Lens, and TAIVOS™ Ultra Night Lens optical processor on the CAMON 15series, users have a camera that lets them zoom in, pan out, and deal with all kinds of lighting conditions for all-day, all-night picture taking.
AI Scene DetectionCAMON 15 Premier also features AI Detection, AI Light Recognition, AI Image Stabilization, and AI Image Processing. With all this, AI scene detection is just one of the phone’s many features designed to work with AI and smart algorithms to enhance your photographic experience.A newly added multi-dimensional portrait mixed scene mode is available, fully covers both simple and mixed scenes at the same time. The detectable rate has reached 90%. Once the scene is recognized, it will utilize the corresponding AI optimization, letting you take more realistic and detailed photos.Beautification 3.0, Customize Your Own BeautyThe CAMON 15’s Beautification 3.0 is available with three kinds of built-in beauty effects, various adjustments on UI interface, and a real-time preview in one click. The beauty enhancement algorithm recognizes a total of 18 unique structural elements in human faces, using 3D stereoscopic beautification and smart tone enhancement to help highlight people’s natural features. You can also use AI Body Shaping to augment your subjects’ figures, and Portrait Bokeh 2.0 helps optimize blurred background effects for more alluring portraits.
Fun Social InteractionContinuing with the style of previous AR Stickers and AR Emojis, this time, we have updated with 12 AR Stickers and 4 unique AR Emoji figures of Manchester City Football Club as gifts for users.To stimulate interesting and fun social interactions, GIF expressions have been launched. Specially designed TECNO X Manchester City Football Club stickers can now be used, generating fun GIF expressions on one click. Now, you can express your mood via a lovely GIF!Short Video RecordingFun short video recording is here: 9 filter styles, AI beauty optimization, support wide-angle recording, quick playback and 15s/60s two versions setting. Record more unforgettable memories!128GB ROM + 6GB RAM, 4000mAh long-lasting battery, Powerful Performance128GB ROM offers more space to store your data, and relieves users of the need to frequently clean-up to get more storage. 6GB RAM provides a stable and highly efficient performance. Multitasking and gaming has become faster and smoother.The 4000mAh powerful battery satisfies users’ need for a stable power supply in work and daily life. Distributed by APO Group on behalf of TECNO Mobile.MediaCredit to CNBCAfrica
Read all >>
How are we dealing with the COVID 19 Pandemic? We would definitely see overcome!
Below is a survey that seeks to understand our radio listening habits; where, when or even if we listen to the radio.
Kindly help us fill this short survey with the right information!
Click Here to Proceed
Read all >>
We know you have been waiting for us to create our own version of the Bingo challenge.
And yes! We came through!
Screenshot it and fill, then upload! Let's see how much of a fan you are!
Read all >>
Open the Skype app on your Android smartphone and make sure that you’re running the latest version (it works for Android 6.0 and higher). Before you get started, you’ll have to give the app permission to access audio and video recording capabilities on your device.
Now navigate to a conversation where you want to share your screen and tap on the “Video Call” button.
Once the call has been accepted, you’ll see the familiar video calling interface. Here, tap on the three-dot Menu button in the bottom-right corner.
Now, choose the “Share screen” option.
Android will ask you if you want to share your screen using the Skype app. Here, tap on “Start Now”. If you don’t want the app to ask you every time you use the feature, check the “Don’t Ask Again” box.
The screen sharing will begin. You can exit the Skype app and switch to the app or the screen you want to show to the person on the other end of the call.
Once you’re done, you can come back to the Skype app and then tap on the “Stop sharing” button at the top of the screen to stop sharing your screen.
You can continue the call if you wish or you can tap on the red “End Call” button to end the call.
Don't forget to follow me please.
Read all >>
Many people today are so busy, they simply might not have time to go to the gym for their workouts. Gyms are notorious for charging a lot of money and requesting annual contracts which may be followed by cancellations fees etc. I personally think that gyms are a waste of money; in fact 80% of people who buy a gym membership end up not going anyway.
In this instructable, I will teach you how to perform workouts at home without any equipment. The body is the best equipment you need in most cases (especially if you are just starting).Step 1: Planning Out Your Routine.
You do not want to workout the same body part every day or every 2 days. Your body will need to recover, so you can perform exercises which will work your shoulders and biceps on Monday, do some cardio on Tuesday, do Yoga on wednesday, legs on Thursday, etc.
This way individual body parts can recover the muscle mass and be ready to start getting torn up again the following week. I always suggest 1 or 2 rest days per week. Some people take just a Sunday off and some workout 2 days on and 1 day off. It really depends on your personal goals and abilities.
Step 2: Exercises to Work Your Upper Body.
There are a number of different upper body exercise you can perform without any equipment. Check out the list below and mix and match them in your routine:
Push ups: My favorite exercise. In fact you can do push ups so many different ways: regular, military, diamond, wide, declined, etc. Ladies, don't be afraid of the push up!
Chair Dips: Another great exercise to target the triceps area (in the back of the arms).
Plank: Just like a push up, this exercise also has a lot of variations. You can simply hold a plank position for a minute, you can do walk walkups, plank walkouts, planks with twists, etc.
Arm Circles: This may sound easy, but after a while of doing arm circles your muscles will start to get sore. It's also a great way to stretch out your muscles.
Step 3: Exercises to Work Your Legs.
Don't forget those legs. It seems like many people focus so much on other body parts while walking around with puny legs. Legs have the biggest muscles in the body, so if you start working them out then you will actually start burning way more calories undefined
Here are some of the exercises for legs:
Squats: yeah baby! You can do slow and steady squats or speed squats to get your heart rate up. You can also do a jump squat to get work on your legs and to get your heart rate up.
Lunges: Lunging will get your legs burning! Lunges can be done in a number of different ways, a regular lunger, reverse lunge, step up lunge (you can use a chair to step onto), side lunge.
Wall Sit: You can start doing wall sits for 10 seconds at a time and work yourself up to a minute or more. Make sure not to touch your legs with your hands when you are performing these and have your knees bend at a 90 degree angle.
Jumping Jacks: Good ol' jumping jacks, remember doing those in middle school?
Calf Raises: Calf is another body part that doesn't get much attention. Do these slowly or quickly for different results.
Bicycles: This is not just a leg exercise, you may feel it in your stomach as well. Do regular bicycles and reverse bicycles for ultimate workout.
Step 4: Exercises to Work Your Core.
Core exercises are not all about sit ups, in fact I don't really like doing sit ups because they don't do much.
Pick from the exercise below:
Plank: although variations of planking is great for arms, it sure is amazing for the core.
V-Bend: This is an awesome exercise. You can do reps or hold it for extended time to feel the burn.
Scissors: If you've never done this exercise, then you are in for a surprise! It will burn so good! Make sure to hold your reps for 3 to 4 seconds before you switch your legs.
Burpees!: Enough said.. look up what a Burpee looks like and get going!! Add a oush up in between to work on your arms.
Step 5: Combination Exercises for a Full Body Workout.
Full body exercises are a great way to workout multiple muscle groups at the same time. It will not only save time, but it will also burn more calories. The key to performing full body exercises is to do them intensely with a little down time.. only 20-30 seconds between sets (and to rehydrate).
Here are some of the full body exercises:
Burpees! This is by far is the best full body exercise.
Squat Jumps: This exercise does not only work your legs, but you are also burning calories by jumping up in the air.
Dumbbell Squats or Lunges: While performing leg exercises you are also working your arms. You can use water bottles instead of dumbbells.
Push Up With Single Leg Raise: This exercise works on arms as well as thighs and buttocks.
Overhead Medicine Ball Slams: This exercise works arms, back, shoulders, and even thighs. Although I concentrate on no equipment exercise, I added this one in here because it's such as awesome exercise and you would only need to get one medicineball and incorporate it into many other exercises at home.
Step 6: Safety Rant.Always make sure to stretch before and after your workouts. Your muscles need to be loosened up so that you do not injure yourself.
If you are using weights at home, make sure not to start small and increase as you go. This also goes for using the body; for example, if you cannot do a regular push up, go to your knees so that you are pushing less weight. As you get stronger, you will be able to increase the weight or the intensity during your workouts. Don't try to be a hero and end up hurting yourself.#StayHome#KeepFit
Don't forget to follow me.
Read all >>