Home > Forums > HiOS > HiOS > HiOS Launcher 7 Brings Back "Apps Hider" Feature in ...

[Announcement] HiOS Launcher 7 Brings Back "Apps Hider" Feature in Latest Update

HiOS  |  2020-12-1 10:42 3152

Screenshot_20201201-103746~2.png
In the latest HiOS Launcher, TECNO introduced a new feature called "Icon Cache" on the launcher to replace the Apps Hider feature everyone on HiOS is used to.

Take it or not, one feature you didn't appreciate on the HiOS Launcher 7 is the removal of the Apps Hider feature which has saved many since it was introduced on HiOS.

Of course, "Apps Hider" is very useful and secure. You can hide many personal apps you don't want to show on your app drawer, and even tell the launcher to request for a password/pattern anytime you want to use the hidden apps
To get back this pretty feature on your phone, kindly head over to the Play Store to update your HiOS Launcher.

How to use Icon Cache
Still the pretty simple way. Just slide up with two fingers on the desktop to show hidden apps. To Add/Remove apps to the hidden list, kindly tap the + button below the apps.

Change Icon Cache opening gesture.
If you wish to open your hidden apps in a more stylish/personal way, you may consider changing the opening gesture.
•Tap and hold on a space on the desktop
• Tap "Desktop Settings"
• Tap "Gestures settings"
• Select any gesture you want
• Tap "Icon Cache" from the drop-down menu.

Secure Hidden Apps with Pattern
To keep hidden apps more secure, you can set an unlock pattern by following the steps below.
• Open Icon Cache
• Tap the gear icon in the top-right corner
• Toggle on "Set Password"
• Draw your desired unlock pattern

This new feature is tested working on TECNO Spark 4 and a couple of other models, but the update is yet to be available on my CAMON 15. Be patient if you're unable to update your HiOS Launcher at the moment as it will finally come later.

Hmm... Shout-out to every T-Fans who added up to 1k followers on my account. Also, don't forget to follow me here for more if you're yet to do so.

• Like(1)
You need to log in before reply Log In | Register

ts30710363 4 #

I forgot my password
2021-2-10 12:26 Like(1)

ts30710363 3 #

I forgot my password
2021-2-10 12:25 Like(1)

Hoilakes 2 #

nice info
2020-12-1 13:13 Like(0)

OKayode