1. Former Governor Ayodele Fayose was spotted with Abiodun Oyebanji, winner of the Ekiti governorship election, on Wednesday. This came a few hours after he dumped his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate to support the Southern presidency.
2. The Federal Government has said terrorists are sabotaging efforts to provide steady and reliable power supply to Nigerians, especially in the North East region. The Minister of Power, Abubakar Aliyu, said this at the end of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting presided over by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
3. The House of Representatives has set up an ad-hoc committee to investigate the petroleum products subsidy regime under President Muhammadu Buhari. The lawmakers asked the committee to carry out the probe from 2017 to 2021.
4.The lawmaker representing Kwara Central district, Senator Ibrahim Oloriegbe, says he got a refund of the cash he gave to delegates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) during the party’s primaries. He stated this during his appearance on a national television on Wednesday.
5. The Lagos State Government, through the Ministry of Health, has unveiled a policy document on safe termination of pregnancy. The 40-page policy document, tagged “Lagos State Guidelines on Safe Termination of Pregnancy for Legal Indications”, sets out guidelines for safe termination of pregnancy within the ambit of the criminal law of Lagos State.
6. The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress of Nigeria (TUC) have thrown their weight behind Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi. NLC and TUC made the pledge in separate addresses on Tuesday in Abuja.
7. Former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, and his wife, Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu, have been arrested and detained in the United Kingdom over alleged organ harvesting. The metropolitan police confirmed this arrest.
TheFormer Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, and his wife, Beatrice, have sued the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) and other relevant agencies over controversy surrounding the real age of David Ukpo, the supposed organ donor.
8. The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Tanko Muhammad, yesterday, resigned his appointment on health ground. He was subsequently conferred with the national award of Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger (GCON) by President Muhammadu Buhari.
9. Nigerian music stars, Wizkid and Tems won two awards at the BET 2021 Awards.
Tems won Best International Act, while Wizkid won Best Collaboration for “Essence” featuring Tems and Justin Bieber.
10. Popular Nigerian gospel singer, Mercy Chinwo, has announced her engagement.
The Excess Love crooner made the announcement via her verified Instagram account.
The singer gave the name of her husband-to-be as Pastor Blessed Uzochikwa.
11.R&B singer, R Kelly, has been sentenced to 30 years imprisonment after being found guilty of sex trafficking and racketeering involving women, girls and boys. The jail sentence was handed down to Kelly in the trial that has lasted for several years.
12. Gabriel Jesus has completed his Arsenal medical on Tuesday.
Jesus has now signed a five-year deal with the Gunners that will see him remain at Arsenal until 2027.
The Brazilian international joined Mikel Arteta’s side from Manchester City.